For most of us, a home will be the largest investment we ever make. Selecting the right home builder is key to making such an meaningful financial decision. The interview process is an integral part of helping you confidently choose the builder that best suits your needs
Your home builder should make you feel comfortable enough to ask anything you feel is important.
Home builders should never shy away from sharing their knowledge with you. We are the experts and, at Turnkey Homes, are happy to share a complete outline to help guide you through the entire build process – from start to finish. By making sure you understand every step to your dream home, we create a partnership in making your vision a reality. Questions to ask home builders:
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Can you provide references from previous clients?
- How do you compare your homes to those of other builders?
- Are your building plans able to be changed?
- Do you offer a home warranty?
- Is landscaping included?
- Am I able to tour homes you’ve built?
- What are the standard features in your homes?
- Are there any homeowners association regulations?
- Who is my contact throughout the build?
- How often can I access the home during the building process?
- When and how can I make changes during construction?
- What upgrades do I have to choose from?
- When is the bottom line determined?
- Do you have a preferred lender?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Do you use subcontractors and, if so, can I choose my own?
- How long does it take to complete a home?
- Who oversees the construction of my home?
- Are there any financing incentives?
Building a new home should be an exciting experience. By asking your prospective home builder a ton of questions, you will ensure a positive working relationship. Becoming knowledgeable about the complete new home building experience will help you avoid hassles that can arise in new construction.
Turnkey Homes, LLC is dedicated to customer satisfaction regardless of the project size. New construction, both custom and Spec homes, is the majority of our business, and we pride ourselves on each of our homes. We will take the time necessary to design the perfect plan for your perfect home – with you.
If you’re interested in building a new construction home, contact us – and ask away!